Tuesday, January 28, 2014

First steps

This is a list of what I need to do first:


  • Read the books PM gave me
  • Check that no one else is working on, or has researched my topic
  • Read some other PhD theses to get a good idea of what is involved
  • Read around my topic to help me refine my research questions
  • Read about 'action research' and see if I think it would be an appropriate research theory to work with.
  • Decide what referencing software to use. Either Mandelay or Endnote, I think.
  • Organise a desk/student card/ access and photocopy card.
The kids go back to school tomorrow, so I can get stuck into it!

1 comment:

  1. Hello!
    I just started my first PhD class. :-) I see you are using Endnote. Since you are further along, has it helped you? Any suggestions how I can keep my research organized?
    Thank you!
    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete